How to make a Saint Brigid’s Cross
- What you will need:
- Make one end of each rush even.
- Get the strongest rush and put that one aside. (You will need it for later)
- Measure each rush, with a ruler, twenty-eight centimetres long and press very hard with the ruler until they have a visible mark in the middle.
- Cut where the marks are.
- Check if all of them are fourteen centimetres long.
- Get the strongest rush and hold it in your left hand.
- Get one of the small rushes and bend it around the strong rush so the edges meet.
- Continue bending the rushes around each other (Do it clockwise)
- Hold onto the ends of the last rush you put on, otherwise it will all unravel.
- When you have finished all the rushes, get the rubber bands and wrap them around the ends of the rushes.
- Finally, cut off the ends so that they are equal length.
no images were found